Sunday, November 19, 2017

I need to change ME

“When I look back over my life
And I think things over
I can truly say that I’ve been blessed
I got a testimony…”  -Reverend Clay Evans

This has been a rough season in my life.  I have been through tough times before and I thank God that through His grace and mercy I am still alive and well.  Sometimes, I don’t feel well but God… Well let me tell you the story from the top.

So I was praying while on my way to work one day.  I was just pouring my heart out, crying, complaining, and reciting scriptures.  Begging the Lord to stop the pain I was feeling and calm the storms in my life so I can rest and have peace.  I got to a point where I became quiet in hopes I would hear a word from God.  He spoke to me just as loud and clear as if He were sitting in the car next to me.  He asked, “Does the sun stop shining during a storm?”

So I looked up at the sky.  It was a cloudy day and the dark clouds held threats of rain.  It was definitely day time however the clouds were blocking my view of the sun.  I knew the sun was there beyond the clouds.  I knew that because the sun is constant.  It never changes its position.  The moon revolves around the earth and the earth revolves around the sun but the sun never moves an inch.  The weather, seasons and times change due to the ever changing position of the earth and moon.  It has nothing to do with the sun. 

As the message sank into my brain and I began to grasp what God was trying to teach me, tears streamed down my face.  God isn’t going to do a thing for me that He hasn’t already done.  He has already healed me.  He has already saved me.  He has already given me His Spirit and He has forgiven me of my sins.  He has redeemed me, restored me renewed me through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.  He has done all He can for me so how do I end this pain?  I have to change my position!  Just like the earth and the moon line up a certain way and then suddenly winter turns into spring.  All that was dead comes to life.  All that was in hibernation is awakened.  I need to change and let the glow of God’s goodness make a rainbow from the rain. 

Now I am praising Him in this storm.  I am thankful for the lesson He is teaching me.  I am grateful for this test turning into a testimony.  I am worn out from battling but I am not weary.  I am tired but I find rest in my Savior.  I am renewed daily and I am filled to overflowing with the joy and strength of God.  But that is all by choice.  I can choose to cry in the storm or I can choose to laugh.  Why be depressed when I can be happy?  I just think of all the things I have overcome, all that God has blessed me with.  I have so much to be thankful for!  I have a million reasons to smile and rejoice and be glad!


Are you going through a tough season?  Are you traveling in a storm?  Just look to the sky and see the glory of God through the clouds.  He is constant and He is here.  He isn’t going anywhere.  You just need to change your own perspective and get in line with God.  

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing!!! How can this be? The LORD has been reminding me of the same things. This nerve pain, joint pain, skeletal pain, muscle pain and headaches - sometimes all at once had me wondering if I was really saved. It's like GOD, why? Then the preached word was about Paul begging GOD for deliverance and the answer was and is "god's grace is sufficient. Sufficient! Exactly what does that mean GOD? I'm not understanding how YOUR grace is sufficient! I want relief! And then it happened - HE opened my mind and the mystery was made plain. Like you, HE showed me that everything has already been done for my abundant living. I had to, by faith, walk in HIS grace. Praise GOD! Praise GOD! Praise GOD!

    ReplyDelete